In your light I learn how to love
In your beauty how to make poems
You dance inside my chest where no one sees you
But sometimes I do and that sight becomes this art
~Rumi



The Apple of My Eye

.
.
.
If King David were here oh what would I do?
I'd act like Bathsheba and give him a bath to view.
I'd let down my hair and let him touch my breast
I'd do all that he commanded, I'd lay upon his chest
I'd say, "Oh David, Baby, please write for me a psalm...
You speak to me like no other, you make my spirit calm."
I'd run and fetch his arrows and bring them back all clean
I'd give him royal children, he'd want no other Queen.
And when he got so jealous a life he'd plan to take
I'd stand with him and hold his hand and not attend the wake.
That's what I'd do for my David, you see, he's really quite the king
Enchanting him with the golden rule, I'd make his spirit sing!
~ GG ~