In your light I learn how to love
In your beauty how to make poems
You dance inside my chest where no one sees you
But sometimes I do and that sight becomes this art
~Rumi



SIREN



I've got a siren
Calling me from over the ocean
In a voice sweet and clear
She slowly melts away my fear

There is a sun that rises in the west
Going against all possibility
She hides behind clouds of rain
Washing away my pain

My skin feels fingers touching
Stretching over the mountains and seas
Nails piercing my skin
Bleeding away my sin

The moon allows me to look in her eyes
In her beauty and past I drown
Filling my lungs with a world of bliss
Choking me with all that I miss

Tenderly she strips me of my life
With a vengeance she attacks my pain
Killing all shame and regret
Giving me a new life yet

~Michael Alexander~