In your light I learn how to love
In your beauty how to make poems
You dance inside my chest where no one sees you
But sometimes I do and that sight becomes this art
~Rumi



What's Inside?

It was late last night... I followed you home like a spy
You couldn't see me because I was dressed like a fly
You let yourself in, and quietly lit a candle
In the shadow, opened your safe, pulling on its handle
Falling on your face heartbroken on the ground
Eyes filled with tears your soul echoed a sad sound
It was agony that I saw in your spirit just then
I began to cry, too... just remembering when
Then closing your safe you wiped your sad eyes
Got in bed with your wife quietly hiding your sighs
But I needed to know what had hurt you so bad
What was locked there inside that had made you so sad?
So I broke open your safe... only to see
One single item, an old picture of me.

~GG~